perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Errors while installing Apache::Request
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 22:50:03 GMT
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:

> That is a sticky problem, and I only got it to work by patching the
> generated Makefiles by hand. As I see it, Apache::src would not help
> here, the mod_perl install procedure needs to install the mod_perl.exp
> file at the same location as the httpd.exp file is found, namely in the
> Apache directory libexec. I did already submit a patch to mod_perl in
> last August (that was not applied for some reason), that does reference
> the httpd.exp file at its standard location. What about installing the
> mod_perl.exp there and simply reference that from the libapreq Makefile
> if AIX is the platform?

that's what I was thinking, the Apache::src suggestion was to have it
figure out where the .exp's are installed and return a string with the
proper paths and -E flags, etc.
I remember receiving your patch, and I swear I applied it, but don't see
anything in Changes or ToDo.  although, there is this in the cvs Changes:
apxs/aix port [Paul J. Reder <rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com>]

could you try again with the latest cvs snapshot?  I'm quite happy to
apply any patches from you for 1.22, thanks!