perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Alessio Bragadini <ales...@albourne.com>
Subject Re: suExec and mod_perl
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:51:33 GMT
"Randal L. Schwartz" wrote:

> Matt> suExec works only with mod_cgi - that's detailed in the documentation.
>
> Matt> A mod_perl solution to the problem would be nice - but it's not happened
> Matt> yet.
>
> It's also not possible, so that "yet" is misleading.

I understand the basic problem, but please note that this is one of the
main reasons that stops ISPs and virtual host services from providing
mod_perl. It would be great to have a solution that allows better
"encapsulation" of virtual hosts for security reasons. Unfortunately, I
have no idea where to start...

--
Alessio F. Bragadini		alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services		http://www.sevenseas.org/~alessio

"It is more complicated than you think"
		-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925