perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Ross <r...@mathforum.com>
Subject Re: Help : mod_perl and DBD::Sybase ?!? continued...
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:13:30 GMT
hi raptor!

 if this seems like a waste of time just say.. i'm just trying to narrow down
the problem. did you verify that the user that the webserver is running as
can run isql, dbi, etc.?

 if so, let's try this handler to get Apache::Registry out of the picture.

# --- Tester.pm -----------------------
package Tester;

use strict;
use DBI;

sub handler
{
        my $r = shift;
        my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=SYBASE", "user", "password")
                or die "ERROR: Couldn't connect\n";

        $r->content_type("text/html");
        $r->send_http_header();
        print "Connected\n";

        return 200;
}

1;

PerlModule Tester
<Location /tester>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler Tester
 DefaultType text/html
</Location>

Please send any error messages and output. And if possible, make sure that
as few other modules are being loaded as possible.

aaron