perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Rafael Caceres <rcace...@aasa.com.pe>
Subject Re: [ot] How to crypt the way htpasswd does...
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 00:23:58 GMT
I think we're missing something here.
Things like:

sub do_validatepwd() {
        #See if the entered Pwd1 matches what the system has..
        my ($encryptedpwd,$Pwd1)=@_;
        my (@usrpwd);
        if ($encryptedpwd eq substr(crypt($Pwd1,substr($Pwd1,0,2)),2)) {
		1;
        } else {
          0;
        }
}

work just fine in my Linux box, but they don't work in our office Digital
4100, and I haven't figured out yet how it crypts the passwords, but it's
not using the crypt routines. If anyone has figured out exactly how it
encrypts, please let me know.

Also, crypt is not DES, it's an implementation of the enigma machine.

Regards,
Rafael Caceres
Information Systems Manager
Corporacion Aceros Arequipa S.A.