perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: EMBPERL: accepting json
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 21:26:58 GMT
Donavon wrote:
> That is how I generally make calls.. ie;
> request.setRequestHeader("Content-type",
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
>
> However this is a new world and when using pre-done libraries, outside
> contractors or creating a client API,  using
> 'request.setRequestHeader("Content-type",
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");' is not always possible.
>
> A lot of things RESTful seem to use application/json.

Ok, but if you're interested in debugging the reason why you aren't
getting the results you expect, then I thought it might be useful for
you to see how it can work successfully. Maybe it's the content type,
maybe something else, but when something doesn't work, you can take an
example that you know does work and go from there. Get a working
example, then gradually change things over to the way you want to do it,
testing at each step, until it stops working. Then at least you know
what step it was that broke it. Just an idea.

Neil