perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kaiser, Matthew" <MKai...@midwestern.edu>
Subject RE: Processing user created html alongside epl html
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:51:06 GMT
I’m looking at the documentation at http://www.embperl.org/embperl/pod/doc/doc13/HTML/Embperl.-page-3-.htm
and i don’t see a way to use a string of raw html as an input to Execute.

Do you have an example i can work from?

Matthew Kaiser – IT Department
Ext. 6138

From: Andrew OBrien [mailto:i.am.andrewo@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:09 PM
To: Kaiser, Matthew
Cc: embperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Processing user created html alongside epl html

Unless I'm misunderstanding you could always call execute with the $user_html string as input:

From memory Execute allows a scalar as input rather than a filename.

Cheers,

Andrew

On 26 June 2015 at 01:55, Kaiser, Matthew <MKaiser@midwestern.edu<mailto:MKaiser@midwestern.edu>>
wrote:
Hi, all.

I have a page that takes html created by users

However, the embperl formdata structures don't seem to be aware of it.

Given parameters like this:

%fdat = {
       'answer_1' => 'one'
       , 'answer_2' => 'two'
       }

and

@ffld = [
       'answer_1'
       , 'answer_2
       ]

My user generated html parameter:

$user_html = "Answer2: <input id='answer_2' name='answer_2' type='text'>";

And my epl html contents is:

Answer1: <input id='answer_1' name='answer_1'><br>
[+ $user_html +]

----------------------------------

The result I will get is:     {just pretend the brackets are textfields in html}

Answer1: [ one ]
Answer2: [        ]

I would like both text fields filled in with the form data, so clearly, the formdata processing
must come after the embperl commands have executed, but that doesn't seem to be the case and
i can't seem to find the appropriate options to direct Embperl to do so in this case.

How do i get the user generated html to be processed along with the epl html, so the form
data structures work upon all the html as intended?
Could someone point me in the right direction, while I hunt through the documentation?

Thanks

Matthew E Kaiser
IT Department
Midwestern University - Downer's Grove Campus