perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ed Grimm <>
Subject Re: handling query strings with ? in
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 13:27:29 GMT
That url *should* be

Yeah, ? is valid in the query string, but only the first one is special. &
is supposed to separate field value pairs after the first ? starts them.

If you can't change the code that generates the URL, that is... sad.  I
wouldn't expect others to support that, but is open source; it
should be possible to change its code so that it recognizes both & and ?
as separators - that way if your vendor ever fixes their, um, stuff, your
code will still work.  Note that you can put your copy of in
site_perl or your own directory; if that directory is listed in PERL5LIB,
it will be checked before the core directory.  (Personally, when I compile
perl, I reorder the includes so site libs are tried first - after all,
that's where we're most likely to update things first.  Vendors take an
age to update stuff, and core takes ages.)

Ed Grimm
Identity Services

Michael Stevens <>
"" <>
05/03/2013 09:06 AM
handling query strings with ? in

We're trying to handle some odd query strings in embperl, eg:

embperl parses this as:

Using %fdat
a b?c
d parses this as:

I agree that these are some pretty bizarre queries, but annoyingly we
can't change the source, and embperl seems to handle them pretty badly.
Googling suggests ? in a query string is probably valid, eg:

Is there anything that can be done to make embperl behave more as

Michael Stevens
Dianomi Ltd
18 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6LB

Tel: 020 3463 5662
Fax: 020 7630 7356

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the
addressee and is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
Dianomi Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London.
EC3N 2SG. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number
4513809. VAT registration number: 809754988

View raw message