perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Michael Stevens <michael.stev...@dianomi.com>
Subject handling query strings with ? in
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 13:05:14 GMT
Hi.

We're trying to handle some odd query strings in embperl, eg:

http://www.example.com/mjs/q.epl?a=b?c=d

embperl parses this as:

Using %fdat FieldValuea b?cd

CGI.pm parses this as:

Using CGI.pm FieldValueab?c=d

I agree that these are some pretty bizarre queries, but annoyingly we can't
change the source, and embperl seems to handle them pretty badly. Googling
suggests ? in a query string is probably valid, eg:

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/201008/what_characters_are_allowed_unencoded_in_query_strings/

Is there anything that can be done to make embperl behave more as expected?

--
Michael Stevens
Dianomi Ltd

Tel: 020 3463 5662
Fax: 020 7630 7356
www.dianomi.com

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the
addressee and is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
Dianomi Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London. EC3N
2SG. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number
4513809. VAT registration number: 809754988