perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Rubinstein, James" <>
Subject Embperl 2.4 Failing to Install on SLES 11 SP2
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:13:14 GMT
I'm trying to install Embperl on a brand new SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server 11 SP 2 install and I'm getting the following error:

Performing httpd syntax check 1 ...  ok

Performing httpd syntax check 2 ...  ok

Starting httpd...       pid = 503  ok

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...                   ERR:Forbidden

Input:          test/html/ascii

Output:         test/tmp/out.htm

Log:            test/tmp/test.log

ERRORS detected! NOT all tests have been passed successfully

Found unexpected output in httpd errorlog:

[Fri Feb 15 10:57:24 2013] [crit] [client] (13)Permission
denied: /tmp/.cpan/build/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check
htaccess file, ensure it is readable

make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction for fixing this?

View raw message