perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Boggio <embp...@thefreecat.org>
Subject Re: Successful Embperl Install Fedora 17
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:02:54 GMT
Hi,

Glad you managed to do it and thanks for your feedback.

Le 15/10/2012 13:42, oldbrad a écrit :
> In my httpd.conf I changed HTML::EmbperlObject to Embperl::Object and
> removed PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl because Embperl::Object
> always looks for _base.epl, I think! So I just substituted the file base.epl
> for _base.epl.

I think PerlSetEnv isn't required any more, I personally set base.epl
like so in my virtual hosts :

EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE	base.epl

See here : http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/README.v2.txt

The following differences to Embperl 1.x apply:
- When running under mod_perl you _must_ load Embperl
   at server startup time. Either with a

   PerlModule Embperl

   in your httpd.conf or a

   use Embperl ;

   inside of a startup script.
   You can use the Embperl configuration directives now
   directly, (without PerlSetEnv/SetEnv).

> That's it! Enjoy. Conceptuality Embperl is magic :-)

We're all convinced here and don't really understand why the rest of the
world isn't ;-)

Have a nice day,

JC