perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: Compilation error
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:41:58 GMT
I think I have found what makes the problem happen. It occurs in a .epl
subroutine file where I have 'use strict' at the start, and then within
a [! !] block, there is a perl sub where I introduce a variable without
using 'my', e.g.

[!
use strict;
sub test
{
    $x = 1;
}
!]

The problem does not manifest if I do the same thing in an index.html
within a [- -] block, i.e.

[-
use strict;
$x = 1;
-]

... in that case, I get a more helpful error message:

[32570]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Global symbol "$x" requires explicit
package name at
/www-dev/vhosts/crazyguyonabike.com/htdocs/test/index.html line 3.

I'm not sure if there are other factors in the way my codebase is
constructed which contribute to this error not getting reported
correctly. Before I dig too much more deeply, does the above give you
enough clues to try reproducing on your end, Gerald?

Thanks again for your help,

Neil