perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Benni Bärmann <be...@obda.de>
Subject Status of Embperl?
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 06:44:05 GMT
Hi,

i try to reactivate an old project, which relies heavily on Embperl. But
i run in to some problems.

- Which is the actual version?

CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Embperl/ -> gives 2.4.0
Homepage News: http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ -> gives 2.2.0 from 2006
Homepage Download:  ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl -> does not work
Mailinglist-archive: -> discusses 2.5.x, but i cant find it anywhere.

- Is Embperl stil compatible with actual perl versions? See
http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Embperl+2.4.0

- Embperl is deleted from Debian testing (Wheezy, 7.0) and Ubuntu 12.04.
Is there any hope that it will get back in Wheezy? I saw some discussion
here about this issue, but could not figure out, if there is any hope.

- In general: Is emperl still a living project or should i consider
porting my project to some alternative? I liked embperl very much, would
be sad to see it dying.

Thanks for any help.

Greatings, Benni
--