perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: Error reporting in Embperl 2.5.0_1
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 01:17:34 GMT
Ok, FYI I am still getting some strange behavior with reporting of
compilation errors. However, it's quite difficult to pin down a minimal
case that gives the same result that I get with more complex code. At
the same time, I get *no* error with something like this in my test.html:

[-
     slkjdflksjdflkjsdkljfslkjf
-]

Shouldn't that give some type of error?

This is getting quite frustrating, because if I do some major code
changes in my dev environment, as I did today, and then run the code to
test it, all I get is this 'Compilation error' without any line
information and I have NO IDEA where the error is. I have to basically
start doing stuff like chopping out code and then reinserting it to find
out where the error starts appearing. Obviously with certain types of
code (that do things in a database) this gets difficult quickly.

Something in Embperl is not doing error reporting right. Is there
anything I can do in tweaking Embperl settings to help give more
information?

As it stands, I'm starting to dread making big code changes, as I can be
pretty sure that when I test it out, I'll be left with a big chunk of
code to comb through for some error which I have no idea where or even
what it is.

Thanks!

Neil