perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Williams, David G. (HQ-JF000)[INDYNE INC]" <david.g.willi...@nasa.gov>
Subject Embperl::Object Enterprise-sized design
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:48:35 GMT
Since there isn’t all that much documentation for Embperl/Embperl::Object, it would be helpful
if someone could contribute a more comprehensive example of an “enterprise-sized” design
that makes use of most of the powerful features of Embperl and Embperl::Object.

I have been using the tool for years and feel that it’s taken longer for me to unlock its
more powerful features that it would have if there were a book available or if there was a
more active user-community.  Don’t get me wrong – I have stuck with Embperl::Object because
it’s a powerful tool and I am grateful for everything that Gerald and others have done to
make it the product that it is.

If I had to learn the product now, I would probably do as follows:

 *   Read the documentation on CPAN (obviously)
 *   Pay close attention to the Embperl::IntroEmbperlObject document ( http://search.cpan.org/~grichter/Embperl-2.4.0/IntroEmbperlObject.pod)
 *   Also pay close attention to Embperl::TipsAndTricks ( http://search.cpan.org/~grichter/Embperl-2.4.0/TipsAndTricks.pod)
 *   Then I would suggest looking at the “example” for the Embperl website itself (http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.4.0/eg/web/README)

All of the above are great, but I think that there are a few things that could be better documented:
    - Syntaxes and Recipes
    - More comprehensive documentation for Execute
    - A more all-inclusive sample site design (the Embperl site is nice, but it doesn’t
do much).

If anyone can point me to some helpful documentation in addition to what’s already posted
to the CPAN, I would be grateful.

Regards,

Dave Williams
Office of the Chief Information Officer