perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Williams, David G. (HQ-JF000)[INDYNE INC]" <david.g.willi...@nasa.gov>
Subject Module compilation under embperl, mod_perl
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:37:15 GMT
I know from the documentation and personal experience that Embperl and/or mod_perl compiles
Perl modules only once whenever httpd starts or restarts. I am accustomed to restarting the
httpd daemon in my development environment whenever I make changes to my .pm files.  The question
I have is a little more unconventional – if I wanted Embperl or mod_perl to recompile a
new version of a .pm file without restarting httpd, could I do that?  If so, how.  I understand
why the modules are compiled at the time of startup and I understand how unconventional this
question is.

Thank you.