perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter - ECOS <gerald.rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: @param seems to be shared between Execute calls
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:19:35 GMT
Hi Michael,

@param is only intented to be used to pass parameters to Execute. Setting it directly might
work or might not…

If you want to share data inside a request use

 $epreq -> {test} = 1 ;

The hash of $epreq is not used by Embperl itself, so you are free to use it and it exists
exactly for the live time of one Apache request

Gerald

From: Michael Smith [mailto:smithm@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:05 AM
To: embperl@perl.apache.org
Cc: Michael Stevens; cabell.demarcellus@dianomi.com; Michael Smith
Subject: Re: @param seems to be shared between Execute calls

My problem is slightly different - though possibly a manifestation of the same thing.  I
find that param isn't cleaned up between requests.

I have two epl files:

set.epl:

[- $param[0]->{'test'} = 1 -]

get.epl

[+ Dumper(@param) +]

I find that the data from set.epl turns up when I make a subsequent request for get.epl (in practice it's
a bit more random than that if one is running multiple processes, so I make a few requests
for set.epl and then a few for get.epl)

This only seems to be relevant if I reference param in the epl file I am calling directly.
 If I reference it in epl files which are loaded in by Execute, then they do appear to get
cleaned up.

Michael