perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Boggio <embp...@thefreecat.org>
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:05:08 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Alexander Hartmaier a écrit :
> You should *always* return the correct charset in the http header, no
> matter which framework/cgi script you're using.

? The problem comes from the header I *receive*. The headers I send are
always good (hard coded in base.epl). I'm quoting myself :

> Firefox detects the page encoding as Unicode (UTF-8). The page has this header :

Do you suggest something else ? I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.

I referred to other people having the same kind of problems just because
it might not be a embperl-only problem but maybe an apache-perl
problem.

To make it short, the %fdat "fields" are coded in utf-8 but not seen
by perl *as* utf-8.

> AddDefaultCharset in apache is bad because it appends that header for
> every resource which didn't specify it.

I know, it was a "second chance" type of solution (suggested by Gerald).
Though I don't want anything else than utf-8 so it doesn't harm.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help,

--
Jean-Christophe Boggio                       -o)
embperl@thefreecat.org                       /\\