perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Boggio <embp...@thefreecat.org>
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:53:14 GMT
Hi Gerald,

Gerald Richter - ECOS a écrit :
> setting the default encoding in the httpd.conf to utf8 might help

I already have :
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
in my httpd.conf.

I tried to add it to my <directory.../> directives and also
   AddCharset utf-8 .html
With no more luck.

I found other people describing this kind of symptom, one using CGIs :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200806.mbox/%3C485EA6FF.7090104@ice-sa.com%3E

Another with Mason :
http://www.cybaea.net/Blogs/TechNotes/Mason-utf-8-clean.html#h2_form_input

Both use decode() functions (which works for me too) but I guess they are
converting the encoding back and forth... I don't even know if this is related.

Are we supposed to get utf8-stamped $fdat{xx} variables when the input is accentuated
and the form/page are utf-8 ?

Thanks for your help,

PS: I rewrote the "fix" in a more "monky" way :

Encode::_utf8_on($fdat{$_}) for keys %fdat;

--
Jean-Christophe Boggio                       -o)
embperl@thefreecat.org                       /\\