perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter - ECOS <gerald.rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Embperl BETA 2.4.0 is available
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 05:44:42 GMT
Hi,

after a very long time of I am very happy to announce the next beta release of Embperl.

It is available for download and testing at

http://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-2.4.0_2.tar.gz

It would be great if you can test it out, especially on different distributions using Perl,
Apache and mod_perl provided by the Distribution. It's already working out of the box with
openSuSE 11.2, but it would be great if somebody could test it on Debian, RetHat etc. and
give me feedback.

Also I started an example for Embperl::Form, since I believe it's a very usefull addon, but
it is not documented yet. Look at eg/forms/README.txt. For now the example does not show the
full power of Embperl::Form, like the Ajax stuff, datepicker, RichText edit and so one, but
it might be helpful to understand the basics.

If somebody else also think this is a usefull tool, help with creating more examples and documentation
would be very much appreciated.

Overall documentation is not updated yet.

As always questions, feedback and patches are welcome

Regards

Gerald

Changes since 2.3.0:

    - Support for CGI.pm 3.43 (included within Perl 5.10.1)
      for file uplaods. CGI.pm < 2.43 is not supported anymore.
    - A lot of enhancements for Embperl::Form
    - Add example for usage of Embperl::Form. See
      eg/forms/README.txt. Can be viewed used using "make start"
    - Increased size limit for errormessage from 1024 to 4096
    - Makefile.PL can now handle compiling 32Bit code on 64Bit
      sytsem if Perl was compiled as 32Bit application
    - Adaption of tests to changed error messages of perl 5.10
    - Makefile.PL can now cope with OpenSuSE 11.2, if perl,
      mod_perl and apache are installed from OpenSuSE packages.
    - Fix make test error for Perl compiled with DEBUGGING on
    - Support for internationalization in Emberl::Form
    - Do not link against unused libz