perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter - ECOS <gerald.rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: threaded Embperl / mod_perl2
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:13:41 GMT
Hi,

in a prefork enviroment you would need to use MaxRequestsPerChild, not sure how this is named
in a threaded environment. MaxKeepAlive is something different.

Gerald

From: Brett @Google [mailto:brett.maxfield@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:10 AM
To: Gerald Richter - ECOS
Subject: Re: threaded Embperl / mod_perl2

Hi Gerald,

I think a temporary solution is to stop the content switch probing so often, but maybe i am
only deferring the problem.

MaxKeepAliveRequests was 100, now it is 20. But i am not sure this will help.

I think somehow i have a threaded perl, but a non-threaded apache/mod_perl/Embperl. Do you
think this would be bad, i did not think so, i need a threaded perl for other application
on this box. I thought it would be harmless.

I have also a bug with regards to EMBPERL_LOG if you are interested, it opens the file for
writing as root that the server starts as, not the non-root user that the apache prefork workers
run as. However it then tries to reads/appends as the apache user, so the file created cannot
be appended by the apache user, even if it was created by the same apache execution.

Workaround is to create file writable by the apache user first.

Cheers
Brett