perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: embperl releases
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:40:43 GMT
Gerald Richter - ECOS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be very happy for any help and contribution to Embperl.
>
> Several people have sent patches in the past, but you are right I am the only "real"
developer in the project. I have no idea how to change this.

> Help would be great for
>
> - Documentation, Tutorials
> - Testing on several platforms, including  supplying a patches/fixes
> - Any other contribution
>
> There is a repository, see
>
> 	http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/SVN.htm
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I am still using Embperl extensively as part of my ongoing project,
crazyguyonabike.com. This is being expanded into other topics on
topicwise.com and then townwise.com for locale-oriented sites. I plan on
continuing to use Embperl heavily in the future, and if/when the project
starts to make money then I also hope to be able to give you more direct
support.

In the meantime, I am using Embperl on Debian, currently Lenny. If you
need any specific help with documentation (in English), tutorials, or
anything else, please let me know. I am not an expert on Debian
packaging, never really delved into it (never had to, so never have),
but I'm still here and willing to help if you need it.

Thanks for all your work on this project, I think Embperl still stacks
up more than adequately against the other templating tools out there
after 10 years.

Neil