perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Re: Gerald: please update module to include patch for CGI.pm 3.38+
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:02:59 GMT
Richter, Gerald wrote:
> The best would be, if we had a packages maintainers for the main
> distrubtions (like Debian, SUSE, RedHat etc.) which knows about their
> distribution (because I do not know all the specifica of all these
> distributions)

Wasn't Angus Lees doing that for Debian?

I think I tried emailing him a while back, but got no reply.

I use Debian, but I have never gotten into the Debian build and test
process. I'm an experienced developer, but there seems to be another
level of really "hard core" developer that is way above me in terms of
knowledge - they seem to know all the ins and outs of system level stuff
and compiler switches etc which I've just never had to learn, so haven't.

But if there is nobody else around who can do this package maintenance
for Embperl/Debian, then I guess I could start trying to learn... it's
important enough to me, since I use both extensively. But it might make
sense for someone who had access to more hardware variations than I do
(Debian works on many different architectures, after all). Eh, I really
know very little about that stuff. Software got very very complicated!
It was so much simpler back when I was doing 6502 assembler.

Neil