perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ruben Safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Apache and SessionX hanging
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:00:05 GMT
Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> Talk to Matt (mst) in the #dbix-class irc channel on irc.perl.org about MySQL, then you
won´t use it again!

> -Alex

Yeah - I'm sick of these stupid wars with worthless arguments.  Lets
see, SUN just brought them for 1 billion dollars.

I suppose SUN is stupid and I should go talk to Matt on an IRC channel.
It runs many of the biggest damn websites
on the planet including wikipedia and slashdot and I've seen many
financial companies use it for real time data transactions
at transaction speeds to your heart skip a beat.....

But it sucks.... OK you win.

Now Get over it....  go skateboard in front of the Lincoln tunnel or
something.

/dev/null

Ruben

problem because it's not transaction safe.
>> Maybe the sessionid holding column isn't long enough too.
>> I advice to switch to a real db like postgresql.
>>

> FWIW - I find postgres just a major PIA and he can just use the newer
> ACID complient data format with MYSQL
>
> Ruben
>

>> -Alex

>>> U = Urgency    C = Complexity
>>> I = Importance S = Skill
>>> F = Frequency  A = Aggravation
>>>

>>> This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read,
print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

>>> *"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
>>> T-Systems Austria GesmbH   Rennweg 97-99, 1030 Wien
>>> Handelsgericht Wien, FN 79340b
>>> *"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
>>> Notice: This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
>>> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then
>>> delete this e-mail immediately.
>>> *"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*

>> This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient
only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print,
store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments
from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

> --
> http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff
> http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
>
> So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches
mythological proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir 1998

> http://fairuse.nylxs.com  DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
>
> "Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
>
> "The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our own cultural
heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."

> "> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.<
> You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached
at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.  I guess you missed that one."