perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Dirk Jagdmann <...@cubic.org>
Subject Re: Roll call: What cool, high-traffic websites are using Embperl?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:07:47 GMT
Hello boys and girls,

none of my websites are cool and high-traffic, but most of them are
embperl (except those you don't need any dynamic stuff and are simply
hand written static html).

The only publicly available one is our website http://llg.cubic.org/
which hosts all of the unix software we've released so far.
Then I have written my own link, calendar and address management web
application. I have also written an application to write invoices and
manage inventories of customers. And after that I wrote a simple web
application for document management (uploading files, revisions, etc).
Now shame on me, all of those still run on Embperl 1.3.6, since they
started when 1.3 was still hot and I haven't invested any effort yet to
translate them to new Embperl releases.

If we want to promote usage of Embperl more, maybe we should try to add
those (stupid) buttons to our webpages "Made with Embperl" featuring a
cute camel, link to the Embperl site etc. Since I don't have any
artistic skills I won't make a first design, but maybe someone on this
list can paint such a thing.

PS: However now (at least for me) Embperl is facing a tough competitor.
For my current job I've written an simple webserver to server status
pages for our server process. Since the server is written in C++, we
wanted a convinient way to generate webpages from within our C++ world.
Since all existing embeddable web servers either used a multi-process
model or multi-threaded model which we don't like (we believe in
select()) I just wrote our own: EmbCPP. Now I just have to convince the
boss to release this thing into the wild someday...

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann
----> http://cubic.org/~doj