perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Question re preloading embperl and apache shutdown
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:04:36 GMT
I am now using Apache2.2, mod_perl 2 and Embperl 2.3. I am also
preloading my Embperl code via startup.pl, and finding that "apachectl
stop" seems to call my preload routine even when shutting down apache,
which makes it take an absurdly long time to cycle the server when I
change code. This didn't use to happen with apache1.3. Is anyone aware
of a way to detect from within startup.pl whether we are starting up or
shutting down? Then I guess I could skip the preload myself if we're
stopping... any ideas? I'm using apache, mod_perl and Embperl built from
tarball sources.

Thanks!

Neil