perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject Problem using Embperl on Debian Lenny
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:52:46 GMT
Hi, I've been using Embperl 1.3 for years now on Apache 1.3, and now I'm
finally trying to upgrade my websites to use the latest Embperl which is
included with Debian Lenny (testing). So that means Apache 2.2, mod_perl
  2, Embperl 2.2... I am just installing all this from the deb packages,
not from source.

I'm having a problem getting Embperl 2.2.0 to run. I have a very simple
config set up in /etc/apache2/mods-available/zembperl.conf:

PerlModule Embperl
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
<FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
	SetHandler  perl-script
	PerlHandler Embperl::Object
	Options     ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

The zembperl.load is left unchanged.

In /etc/apache2/sites-available/dev.neilgunton.com I have:
NameVirtualHost dev.neilgunton.com
<VirtualHost dev.neilgunton.com>
	ServerName dev.neilgunton.com
	ServerAlias *.dev.neilgunton.com
	DocumentRoot /www-dev/vhosts/test
	PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_APPNAME neilgunton_dev
</VirtualHost>

When I try to access dev.neilgunton.com, I get 500 error, with this in
the log:

ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't call method "component" on an
undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Embperl/App.pm line 58.\n
ERR:  61: : Unknown recipe 'Embperl'
Can't call method "log_file_start_pos" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/Embperl/App.pm line 81.

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Neil