perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Matthew A. Bockol" <mboc...@carleton.edu>
Subject 30 second timeout
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:05:51 GMT
Hi Folks,

I've got an .epl script that is failing to run past 30 seconds.  Here's a very simple example:

[$ var $foo $]

[- $foo = "Hello" -]

[+ $foo +]

[$ while (1==1) $]

  [- $foo = time -]
  [+ $foo . "<br>" +]

[$ endwhile $]

The actual script is doing some db queries, but the affect (> 30 seconds to run) is the
same.

When I hit that it times out at 30 seconds. I've tried with the browser and wget (which has
a 900 second default timeout according to the man page).  I think this is happening because
Embperl doesn't send a response until after the full output is completed, but it looks to
be the server that's enforcing the cutoff.  I'm running 2.2.0 under mod_perl 2.0.2 and httpd
2.2.4.

Is there some way to adjust the server timeout to exceed 30 seconds? Meanwhile, I'm trying
to speed up the execution of my script as a stop gap. :)

Thanks much,
Matt Bockol