perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Villu Roogna" <realm...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems customizing selected form elements output
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:25:57 GMT
Hello,

Using embperl 2.2.0 I would like to use embperl feature that allows
automatic input values filling and checkbox, option and radio button
checking when correct values are specified in %fdat. The problem is that for
example for selected input type="checkbox" html generated by Embperl is

<input type="checkbox" value="1" checked>

This is a problem because I use EMBPERL_RECIPE EmbperlXSLT and pass
everything through XSLT. But XSLT expects valid XML as input so it fails to
parse the invalid checked attribute.

I would like embperl to generate html code like

<input type="checkbox" value="1" checked="checked" />

I also tried EMBPERL_OUTPUT_MODE 1 but checked input was still generated as
checked instead of checked="checked".

 I tried looking/modifying  Embperl::Syntax with no success.
Also modifying epcmd.c (is that file even used - could not find any
references in make log when compiling) and finally epcmd2.c.
But I could not achieve what I need. I could of course use EmbperlBlocks
syntax and prevent all HTML processing but I like %fdat "magic" too much.

What would I have to change to modify this behaviour? Or maybe there are
patches in CVS/SVN?

All the best,
Villu