perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Dirk Jagdmann <...@cubic.org>
Subject Re: Using Catalyst to revitalize Embperl
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:54:23 GMT
> The question is very simple.  Are other people interested in going in
> this direction?  If I put out an Embperl::Object View component for
> Catalyst, is anyone going to use it?  And if I start discussing how we
> can grow and extend Embperl, is anyone going to answer back?

I'm personnally using embperl for most of my web-coding for 7-8 years
now. But as things go I'm still stuck with the outdated apache 1.3 and
embperl 1.3.6 as most of my projects have not updated to the 2.x
releases yet. But as my projects are mostly for internal/expert usage
they are mostly simply structured and I haven't had the need for a
sophisticated web-framework of any kind. (for example many of them don't
use database backends)

Now that should not mean that I'm not interested in web-frameworks, but
you have to invest a considerable amount of time to learn how to use
them and this initial investment only pays if you do a long-term
development on a project.

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann ^ doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj