perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter - ECOS GmbH" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: Re: Breaking space in an [$ if $] block
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:21:01 GMT

> &#32; works great.  Didn't know I could do that.  Many thanks.
>
> Out of interest for a deeper understanding of embperl, why
> doesn't a regular space do the trick?

Embperl tries to remove "unnecessary" spaces from the output after
embedded code. Most time that is what you want, because otherwise you
end up with lot of space and newlines in your output.

You can avoid this behaviour by setting the value for optKeepSpaces in
EMBPERL_OPTIONS.

Also you can redefine the "if" or your own "if". Look at
Embperl/Syntax/EmbperlBlocks.pm in the definitions there is an attribute
called removenode. If your write 8 instead of 10, it will not remove the
space form the output. See perldoc Embperl::Syntax for docs

Gerald