perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Etienne Boulet <ebou...@123certification.com>
Subject Re: apache, webdav, embperl
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 21:01:02 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Kinkeldei,<br>
I've figured out a way to make it work with the virtual hosts.<br>
Maybe you could help me with an other issue. For the past few years we
use to manage our website with MS Frontpage and the FrontPage Server
Extension (FPSE) on our Linux server.<br>
Since Microsoft stopped supporting the FPSE for linux and windows we
are trying to find a replacement solution.<br>
I was trying to use Webdav but it does not seem to be very user
friendly. The big advantage provided by FPSE was that we could connect
to the remote server via Microsoft Frontpage and easily update web
pages. Even people with partial knowledge of HTML could edit the
webpages. <br>
Our website contains approximatly 20,000 pages so the webdav
synchronisation (remote/local) could take a lot of time and that's why
we are looking for a way to edit the pages directly on the remote
server with a user friendly application.<br>
Any ideas ?<br>
Etienne Boulet<br>
Gerald Richter - ECOS GmbH wrote:
 cite="mid:L48C5A0A7F2244e189CFA15A87935986C.1180111474.srvmail1.i.ecos.de@MHS"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">You need to put your webdav and your Embperl definition inside of two

different &lt;Location&gt; blocks, so Apache knows what to do when you request
a page

Gerald

Gerald Richter       ECOS electronic communication services GmbH

Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5            D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail:     <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:richter@ecos.de">richter@ecos.de</a>
           Voice:   +49 6133 939-122
WWW:        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.BB-5000.info">http://www.BB-5000.info</a>
   Fax:     +49 6133 939-333

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dienheim; AG Mainz HRB 6889; GF: W.Heck,
G.Richter

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----