perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wesemann <f.wesem...@fotofinder.net>
Subject Subrequest to remote server
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 12:39:13 GMT
Hello list,
just to make sure I didn't miss something:

Am I right in the assumption that I can not make a Embperl subrequest
directly to a remote server?
I tried in myaction.ep:
     Execute ( { inputfile    => 'somestring',
               subrequest => 'http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform',
             } )
But I got the error :
     File does not exist: /path/to/myaction.ep/proxy:http:

My current workaround is now to have a ProxyPass Directive in httpd.conf:
  ProxyPass /virt/action  http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform

and then in myaction.ep:
         Execute ( { inputfile    => 'somestring',
               subrequest =>
'/virt/action/?'.Serialize(%fdat).Serialize(%udat),
             } )

Despite the fact that this works, I' rather avoid this, because a) I
don't want to expose hidden.server to the public and
b) myaction.ep is somewhat sessioncontroled access restricted, what is
now lost.
Because now everboy can perform an
http://public.server.com/virt/action?data=to&foist=the_server.

Does anybody have an idea about that or am I doing something stupid here

Thanks

--
mit freundlichem Gruß,

Frank Wesemann
Fotofinder GmbH         USt-IdNr. DE812854514
Software Entwicklung    Web: http://www.fotofinder.net/
Potsdamer Str. 96       Tel: +49 30 25 79 28 90
10785 Berlin            Fax: +49 30 25 79 28 999

Sitz: Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Geschäftsführer: Ali Paczensky