perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gavin Spomer <spom...@cwu.EDU>
Subject Introduction / SuSE Installation
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 14:53:22 GMT
Hello Embperl List!

My name is Gavin and I am a systems programmer at Central Washington University. I used to
develop pages with embperl several years ago when I was working for a local ISP. Since then,
I have not had the resources to program with embperl. I miss it! I have become perfectly comfortable
with using php, but I still yearn for embperl. :)

I administer a few servers here at work of which I run SuSE 10.2 as my prefered OS. I was
looking at the instructions for installation, following the section for "UNIX (without Apache
Source)" since I am running a Linux distro and the example even uses an older version of SuSE.
However I cannot locate the httpd.h header(?) file. I found the httpd daemon and the mod_env.so
shared object files just fine. I use the the SuSE packaged apache-2.2.3-20 with apache2-prefork-2.2.3-20
for my web server. Is Embperl still do-able? Is there a file to locate other than the httpd.h
that will work?

- Gavin