perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Sean McMahon" <smcma...@usgs.gov>
Subject having trouble with perlcc and a program which contains 3 modules.
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:10:22 GMT
I have a program which three files, one which does not have an extention, and 2
which have the .pm extention.  The file without an extention is the main
program.  According to the perlcc man page, I should be able to type something
like perlcc programname -o newprogram and get an executable.  Perlcc tells me
that it can't compile which can't happen.  Byte compiling the program generates
no errors, but I don't kknow if it's doing what I want.  Apparently I can't
byte-compile the .pm files.  typing perlcc module.pm, perlcc tells me that
compiling of shared objects is disabled.  How do I make an executable of this
program.  My perl version is:
perl V 5.8.6 built for sun4-solaris-thread.
thanks
Sean
PS.  If there's a more appropriate list for my question please direct me to it.