perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Ben K." <b...@coe.tamu.edu>
Subject RE: execution time
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:54:14 GMT
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Gerald Richter wrote:
> You should see Times for Parsing, Compiling, Running the file and a allover
> time in your log file, all with prefix PERF:

In fact, the purpose of the exercise is to find reasons for a slow page.
It is sometimes slow and sometimes fast.

I assume I might need to force logging for each [- Execute ... -] call or
database call, using print LOG to time it.

But, is there a good tool to use to profile the loading of the page? I
would appreciate any recommendations and if possible, the setup for using
it with embperl. (The few profiling modules seem more tuned for mod_perl
scripts.)

Regards,

Ben K.
Developer