perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: index.html
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:14:08 GMT

> > I have a number of sites that I have created with Embperl over the
> > years so I am a little embarrassed to ask the following question:
> >
> > If I had a domain named something like
> "horseheadbookends.com" and I
> > wanted Embperl to default to "index.html" if the user does
> not specify
> > a page name in the request, how would I do that?
> >
> > For example the person types "http://horseheadbookends.com
> > <http://horseheadbookends.com> " into the browser's URL bar
> and I want
> > them to automatically go to "http://horseheadbookends.com/index.html
> > <http://horseheadbookends.com/index.html> ".  I have never
> been able
> > to figure this one out.

The problem is that mod_index is responsible for changing requests to / to
/index.html. This does not work if Embperl gets the request before
mod_index. So this can be changed either by the load order of the modules
or, even more simple, by placeing the Embperl directives inside a <file>
block, like

<Files *.html>
PerlHandler Embperl
</Files>

This makes sure Embperl gets only the html files and not the requests to a
directory, which mod_index can then transform correctly

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **