perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kinetic Slam" <kinetics...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:40:56 GMT
Hello again.

If I'm understanding what I see correctly, I running into an issue where
Embperl is caching output I don't want cached.

I've been trying to get Embperl to stop caching my dynamic pages on my site
without success.  I'm just not properly understanding the use of
EMBPERL_EXPIRES_IN and/or EMBPERL_EXPIRES_FUNC I guess.

I'm using EMBPERL for templating and using embperl's subreq to run a perl
script which outputs a web form and dynamic data from a database.   (
testscript.html -> testscript.pl -> HTML output)

When I access the testscript.pl directly I can see the expected updated data
each time I refresh the browser (I just don't get my embperl template).

When I use testcript.html I can get the updated dynamic data sometimes
(especially after just restarting Apache) but normally see what appears to
be stale cached data.  When I see what I believe is Embperl cached data I
see the following two lines in my embperl_log file:

[27286]Use App: testapp
[27286]Using APACHE for output...

When I see updated dynamic data (what I want) I see something like:

[27286]Use App: testapp
[27289] Use Recipe Embperl

I've tried adding 'EMBPERL_EXPIRES_IN 0' and 'EMBPERL_EXPIRES_FUNC "sub
{1}"' in my httpd.conf file but these settings do not appear to be making a
difference.  I started working with these two variables after doing some
searching into disabling the embperl cache.

I'm running Embperl 2.2.0, mod_perl 2.0.2 under Apache 2.2.3.

Any help is appreciated.

-KineticSlam