perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kinetic Slam" <kinetics...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embperl::Object::Execute help within PERL scripts for templating.
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:39:09 GMT
> I'm running Embperl 2.2.0, mod_perl 2.0.2 under Apache 2.2.3.  I have
> successfully setup Embperl 2 for templating my website (templates display
> properly for .html files).  What I am trying to do now is convert some
PERL
> scripts I have to make use of the Embperl templating features with only
> minor modifications ($r->print to Embperl::Object::Execute...).

A bit of additional information on my end goal for this effort is to get
Embperl templating to work with my existing AuthCookie handler (putting any
discussion of using Embperl cookie handlers aside for the moment).  Pounding
away at this I, have stumbled across something that seems to be working for
me right now.  I have an .html file being handled by Embperl which just
contains the line:

[- Execute ({subreq => '/cgi-bin/mytestloginscreen.pl'}) -]

I then have changed my AuthCookie handler setup in Apache conf from:

PerlSetVar authLoginScript /cgi-bin/mytestloginscreen.pl

PerlSetVar authLoginScript /mytestloginscreen.html

My solution seems like a bit of a duct tape and glue approach to me.  Is
there a better, more efficient way to use an established Embperl template
from within a ModPerl::Registry perl script under Apache2?

Thanks,

Chris