perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: mail sending problem
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 05:28:13 GMT

> > > use Net::SMTP;
> > > $smtp = Net::SMTP->new('localhost')  or die "Cannot connect to
> > > mailhost"; from apache not works with message:
> > > Error in Perl code: Cannot connect to mailhost
> >
> > Try with Net::SMTP->new('localhost', Debug   => 1) . This
> should give you
> > some information what's going on in the syslog
> >

> I used this option already.
> there wasn't any additional information in syslog or in httpd
> logs file.

The only thing I can think of is a permission problem, since you are running
as different user, when running within Apache. You might try to become the
Apache user and try it on the command line again.

I don't think it's related to Embperl, since Embperl::Mail uses Net::SMTP
too and this works without problems.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **