perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Request for Information
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:53:35 GMT
On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 16:35 -0400, dhaval gada wrote:

>   I am not using any references to subroutines in the session data.

Maybe you're trying to store a DBI handle.

> And if some objects are implemented in Perl as references to
> subroutines, and
> some data structures include also subroutine references,
> then does it imply that no session management is possible with objects
> in embperl ???????????????

It means that you can't store references to subs or XS code.  Most
objects don't do that.

It's actually a pretty bad idea to put objects into a session.  You
should keep sessions as small as possible.  A good approach is to only
database keys, rather than the actual data.

- Perrin