perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Brian <br...@bartosoft.com>
Subject Re: Bus error on Mac OS X 10.4
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:50:55 GMT

>> I've run the commands you asked and have attached them in the
>> file gdb.txt
>>

> Sorry, I have missed one command, can you please before you type
> the "BT"
> type an "r". Otherwise the programm will never run...
>
> Gerald

Yeah, that didn't seem right to me but I'm not too familiar with
using gdb. OK, the new file is attached. Hopefully more useful output
this time.

>> I have also attached a different file that shows that 'hacks'
>> I had to do to get it to compile. There was a problem with
>> eputil.c and the timezone variable. It's the same fix that
>> was implemented for FreeBSD, just has to be  implemented for
>> Mac OS X as well. The changes I made are documented in the
>> attached file compilehacks.txt.
>>
>> Thanks for your help. Let me know if there is anything more I can do.
>> Happy to keep sending output.
>>
>> -Brian

Speaking of hacks, it's also noteworthy that when I compiled this on
my Mac (10.4) that the expected file Embperl.so was actually named
Embperl.bundle. Simply remaming it to Embperl.so seems to work. For
some reason Macs want to use a .bundle extension. Otherwise the test
will fail because the test script can't find Embperl.so.