perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: Requiring strictness everywhere
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:06:49 GMT
Hi,

> > You can use Embperl_Top_Include in your httpd.conf to add a "use
> > strict" to every page
>
> Hmh... Does not appear to work - Having that variable set in
> my configuration, the pages still display even if having
> undeclared variables.

Ok, you are right it works for other "use"es, but not for use strict,
because of scoping issues.

The only other chance is to modify Embperl/Syntax.pm, search for "# any
initialisation could be put here" and add your use strict.

> Besides, trying to specify it from
> within base.pm, I did:
>
>     $epreq->config->top_include = 'use strict;';
>
> and got:
>
> [Fri Aug 11 16:22:25 2006] [error] [9242]ERR:  24:  Error in
> Perl code: Can't locate object method "top_include" via
> package "Embperl::Req::Config" at
> /home/gwolf/cvs/comas/trunk/embperl/base.pm line 49.

Yes, of course this must be done before Embperl starts to compile the page
and inside the base template this is already done.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **