perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aare Vesi <aare.li...@myrien.com>
Subject Re: embperl::object and html::embperlobject
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:55:26 GMT
Hi,

WEBBEE.BIZ wrote:
> I am new to the list and embperl.
> I just installed that on centos 4.2 , modperl2 apache2 .
> Now i have configuration as in mine httpd.conf as
> <VirtualHost <ip>:80>
> ServerName xxxx
> ServerAlias www.xxxxxxxx
> DocumentRoot /home/xxxxxx/public_html
> <Directory /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html>
> Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
> allow from all
> </Directory>
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST xxxxxxxxx
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
> </VirtualHost>
>  # Set EmbPerl handler for main directory
>         <Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html">
>                 <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
>                         SetHandler  perl-script
>                         PerlHandler Embperl::Object
>                         Options     ExecCGI
>                 </FilesMatch>
>                 <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
>                         Order allow,deny
>                         Deny From all
>                 </FilesMatch>
>         </Directory>
> #PerlModule Embperl

To use Embperl 2, you must first load Embperl module into Apache.

This can be done like (in httpd.conf):

LoadModule embperl_module
"/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so"

(verify Embperl.so path)

Also Embperl configuration has been changed in EP2.

Check http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/README.v2.txt for more
information.

> I earlier in line with PerlHandler Embperl::Object have written
> PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject but that was not working nor was
> HTML::EmbperlObject was being found.
> I wanted to ask what is the difference betwen writting Embperl::Object
> to HTML::EmbperlObject .

Embperl::Object corresponds to Embperl 2.x while HTML::EmbperlObject is
used for Embperl 1.x.x version.

> Also now it is searching for default file as _base.epl as opposed to
> base.epl .
> Pl. help me.
> I shall be very grateful.
> Thanks,