perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Keven Murphy <murp...@gdls.com>
Subject Re: Embperl::Object environment variables
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 19:03:29 GMT
Steve,

Hey just a note on the DirectoryIndex line. Mod_perl does something to the
DirectoryIndex variable. It doesn't work. I found a couple websites with a
work around.

What I am using is the mod_rewrite and the following lines:
ReWriteEngine on
ReWriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html

Keven Murphy
murphyk@gdls.com

Murphy's Law
((U+C+I)x(10-S))/20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))
U = Urgency    C = Complexity
I = Importance S = Skill
F = Frequency  A = Aggravation

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Steve Sapovits wrote:

> Now that I can build (thanks Gerald) I'm trying to set up an
> object oriented page hierarchy.  I get the basics to work.
> However, the environment settings in my Apache <VirtualHost>
> section don't appear to be having any effect.  For example,
> I set logging levels and get nothing and I have to use the
> default object base '_base.epl' instead of the sample I set
> up 'base.epl' (and I've tried other names).  I changed other
> settings in the <VirtualHost> to verity it's getting used as
> a whole.  Those changes did take effect.  That leads me to
> believe I need some other Embperl setting.  My <VirtualHost>
> section looks like this:
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerName       secdevfdsapp01.gspt.net
>      ServerAdmin      sapovitss@xxxxxx.com
>      DocumentRoot     /feeds/htdocs
>      DirectoryIndex   index.html
>      ErrorLog         logs/error_log
>      TransferLog      logs/access_log
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_MAILHOST localhost
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
>      PerlSetEnv       EMBPERL_VIRTLOG 10477
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I've changed things like DocumentRoot to test the overall
> use of the section.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.  As noted before, this is Apache 2.2.0,
> Embperl 2.2.0, mod_perl 2.0.2.
>
> --
> Steve Sapovits  steves06@comcast.net

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store,
copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your
computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.