perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject RE: Win32 Embperl fails to run with libxml2.dll error
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 03:55:22 GMT
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Donovan Allen wrote:

> I do hope mod_perl-1 gets supported soon, since that is
> how I am using embperl, and unless I am mistaken, there is
> no other mod_perl+Apache+Embperl combo on Win32 to be
> had...correct...?
>
> Anyway, didn't get much of a chance to look into it more,
> but with AS Perl build 813, a new Embperl 2.2.0 install
> and fresh libxml.dll, libxslt_win32.dll,
> libexslt_win32.dll libraries, embpexec still gives me the
> same error.

I've almost sorted out my difficulties with mod_perl-1,
so should be able to make a mod_perl-1 enabled package
soon, but I'd also like to sort out the difficulties
with using libxml2 (which I don't think adding mod_perl
suppoer will help with). I'm confused about the original
error, in which xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue could not
be found in the libxml2.dll. Doing a dumpbin /exports
on my libxml2.lib indicates this symbol is available
as ___xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue. I'm not sure about the
meaning of the 3 underscores in front of the name - most
of the other exported symbols just have 1. Does anyone
know the meaning of this? Thanks.

--
best regards,
Randy