perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject RE: Win32 Embperl fails to run with libxml2.dll error
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 04:50:43 GMT
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Gerald Richter wrote:

>> I'm afraid I haven't had any luck building the latest Embperl
>> for perl-5.8 on Win32, even without mod_perl support - the
>> tests immediately crash with an access violation in the
>> perl58 dll. This problem doesn't happen with perl-5.6. I'll
>> try to debug things to see where it's failing.
>>

> Randy, please try to replace the call to stat () in line 733 of epcache.c
> with _stat(). Does this change anything?
>
> Gerald

Wow, I'm impressed! Yes, that does fix the problem. I've
placed an Embperl ppm package up at
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
for ActivePerl 8xx, based on 2.2.0; this doesn't have
mod_perl-1 support built in, as I'm having (local)
difficulties with this, but it does include libxml2
support (a post-install script should offer to download
the relevant external dlls for you).

--
best regards,
Randy