perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Brian Barto" <br...@bartosoft.com>
Subject Strange problem with embperl and .htaccess
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:47:17 GMT
Hi all. Ran into a strange problem with embperl. When I try to access a
file three directories deep in my web site (/menu/dev/menu/index.html) I
get an apache forbidden error and following error in my httpd error log:

[Tue Mar 07 14:36:56 2006] [crit] [client 167.73.110.8] (13)Permission
denied: /usr/local/www/data/menu/dev/menu/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable
to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable,

There is no .htaccess file in that directory and I don't know why apache
is looking for one.

The problem seems to have something to do with having the same directory
name twice in the path. i.e. /menu/dev/menu/ If I change all the
directories to a unique name embperl works just fine. But unfortunately
this is not an option for me and the project i'm working on.

Any known fix for this?