perl-embperl mailing list archives

From PILCH Hartmut <...@a2e.de>
Subject Re: erratic effect of input key in Execute
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:12:20 GMT
> I now tried various definitions, such as
>

>   sub say {
> 	local $msg = shift;
> 	Embperl::Execute({input=>\$msg, inputfile=>$msg});
>   }

[...]

> and am still getting always the same string printed out.

No, it does seem to be working for me now, thanks.

The latest failure was due to an error in my testing script.

This still leaves me with some questions open, such as whether there is
any way to replace

 	<h3>blablabla</h3>

with

	[- print WEB "<h3>blablabla</h3>" -]

or

	$title = "blablabla" ;
	$src = "<h3>[+ $title +]</h3>" ;
	Embperl::Execute({input=>\$src, inputfile=>$src, ouput=>\$out});
	print WEB $out ;

Also: is there any risk in routinely using $msg as the value for the
inputfile key, regardless of its content ?  Or is it better to generate
a value like

	$fi = sprint "file%d", ++$n ;
	Embperl::Execute({input=>\$src, inputfile=>$fi) ;

?