perl-embperl mailing list archives

From 'Kathryn Andersen' <kat_li...@katspace.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Text to HTML recipe making
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:54:23 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:48:15PM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> The other one is to create a syntax module, which uses HTML::TextToHTML for
> the actual work.
>
> To do so, just make a copy of Embperl/Syntax/Perl.pm, then in the call to
> AddInitCode you would pass some code like:

[snip]

Well, I have now actually gotten around to trying to implement it, and I
can't get it to work.  I am completely stumped!

Attached is the module I made, Embperl::Syntax::TextToHTML
and I have a recipe which correctly sets the syntax to 'TextToHTML' when
trying to process a .txt file.  However, hear is an example of the error
I get whenever I try to display a converted text file:

[13125]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Missing right curly or square
bracket at /home/kat/kat_web/katspace2/html/computers/linux_tips.txt
line 16, at end of line
    syntax error at
/home/kat/kat_web/katspace2/html/computers/linux_tips.txt line 16, at
EOF

I've changed the code around trying to get it to work, and I get worse
errors, like it's trying to interpret the text file as perl code, and it
gives a flurry of perl syntax error messages.

Please can you help?  This is a showstopper for me.  Either that, or can
we have the plugin mechanism you were thinking of doing?

Kathryn Andersen