perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Michael <mich...@savicom.net>
Subject Tturning off buffering for txt file downloads
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:24:16 GMT
I'm trying to download a very large text file, and I'd like to turn off
buffering on a per-page basis, since most of our
pages don't take too long to generate.

After looking through the docs, I've tried setting various combinations
of flags in config:
  optEarlyHttpHeader, optSendHttpHeader, dbgFlushOutput

But it's not clear to me that this works on per page basis for embperl
2, or if it does, how to output my "special" headers,
rather than the standard headers:
  $http_headers_out{'Content-Type'} = 'text/list';
  $http_headers_out{'Content-Disposition'} = 'attachment;
filename="recipientEmails.txt"';

The only (bad) solution I've found for this is to completely bypass the
embperl output. I write my headers to standard out, followed
by my text data. I don't have embperl write anything. Then I call the
embperl exit function to prevent embperl from sending its own
headers.

Any suggestions ?